Cal State FullertonTitan Voices
Titan Voices

Alumna Lends an Ear to Campus Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Posted on: March 27, 2020 in Alumni Stories by Jillian Boyd

Hi, there. My name is Jillian Boyd, and I am the social media specialist at Cal State Fullerton. I’m a proud Titan alumna of ‘16, and I have so much passion for this university and what it represents. I have come to know, even more so now than ever, that the Titan family is incredibly strong-willed and adaptive. 

I am one of the faces behind the curtain of CSUF social media. Any time a user reaches out to the university channels, they reach my team and me. These past few weeks have been interesting, to say the least. The number of messages we’ve received has increased significantly due to the current pandemic, and I find that people who reach out are those that are looking for assistance and someone to listen. I’m more than happy to provide that. I know what it’s like being a student and feeling lost, and I can only imagine what current students are going through right now. 

To the seniors that had so many plans to celebrate your accomplishments and graduation, I promise you will have your day. I will be there, being the face behind the curtain, supporting each and every one of you.

I can only imagine what soon-to-be graduates are going through. You will be able to tell the generations to come about what it was and where you were when COVID-19 pulled the world into a pandemic. Know that we are reading your comments and questions, and are here to provide you with resources that are designed to help you succeed. 

But the most critical resource we have is each other. Our Titan family.

Reach out to your professors and fellow students, stay educated from reliable sources, and know that you are loved. This university showed me love, when I was a student, and I am thankful to be able to do what I do for this university. 

Some days my job is extremely challenging, and I carry a lot of weight on my shoulders, wanting to provide the most helpful and informative guide through the university social media channels. Still, it is so worth it, and I get to work on an excellent team in Strategic Communications. 

This university is like my second home. I grew up here, and I found lifelong friends in Elm 213. CSUF made me who I am today. When I was a student, I used to say that I loved the university so much, I wanted to start my career here. And I’m so lucky I can walk onto my college campus and know that our Titan family is there for one another, no matter where we are in the world. 

Cal State Fullerton is looking for stories from our campus community about being a witness to history. Contact Senior Director of Digital Media Michael Mahi at mimahi@fullerton.edu.

Post Tags

Jillian Boyd

Jillian Boyd is the social media specialist at Cal State Fullerton.

View more posts by Jillian Boyd

Comments